Thank you for your interest in the American School of Doha. We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know your family throughout our admissions process!
The American School of Doha's Admissions Committee reviews applications on a “rolling admissions” basis, and therefore we do not have an application deadline. Admission to the American School of Doha is based upon previous school records, the student’s application, ASD's current school recommendations, work habits, and aptitude testing. New or waitpool students will be admitted according to Board policy:
- Siblings of current ASD students
- Dependents of corporate sponsor employees
- Others based on date of application
The first step toward being considered for enrollment at ASD involves filling out our online inquiry form and/or contacting our Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or +974-4459-1511. We will then send you a link to our online application form, and/or arrange a time for your family to visit ASD. We accept appointments year-round. A visit will provide you with a chance to tour our campus and meet with a member of our admissions staff.
After completing the online inquiry form, the following application requirements must be completed/submitted within the online application form in order for your child(ren) to be considered:
** No admission decision can be made prior to the completion of the application process
|| Health Questionnaire
|Application Fee (non-refundable)
|| Health/Physical Examination Form
|School Records (as specified below)
|| Immunization Record (English translation required)
|School Fees/Policies (signature required)
|| MS/HS Counselor Recommendation Form (6-12)
|Copy of Passport or Birth Certificate
|| MS/HS Math Recommendation Form (6-12)
|Recent Passport Size Photo
|| MS/HS English Recommendation Form (6-12)
|ASD Grade Levels
|| Upper Elementary Recommendation Form (3-5)
|| Lower Elementary Recommendation Form (PK-2)
- Elementary School Applicants: provide last 3 years of school reports, in English.
- Middle School Applicants: provide last 3 years of school reports, in English.
- High School Applicants: provide official transcript, a school profile, and last 3 years of school reports, in English. ** Please note, that once the student is accepted, parents/students are responsible for providing all FINAL reports and official sealed transcripts to the school.
- We request any additional information that may assist us in the evaluation process:
- Narrative reports
- Program modifications of students, such as:
- Psychological / Educational Evaluations
- Academic Program Accommodations (504 plans)
- Behavior Modification Programs
- Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs)
- All records & documents must be submitted in English. Translated/certified copies of records must show an official stamp from the translator. The student’s parents may not translate records.
- Records from local government schools may be submitted in Arabic.
STANDARDIZED TEST SCORES:
Most American schools in the USA and abroad administer one of the following norm-referenced tests. If you have any standardized tests that were administered to your child(ren), please provide us with the most recent report. Some examples include:
|Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS)
|| California Achievement Test (CAT)
|Measure of Academic Progress (MAP)
|| State/Provincial Standardized Tests (USA & Canada)
|Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS)
|| Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT)
|Stanford Achievement Test
|| SAT or PSAT
Even with the above documentation, an on site admissions assessment will be required for all applicants. Assessments take place throughout the year as seats become available, and/or during the Spring of each school year. The initial admissions assessment does not guarantee a seat to be held. Seats will be offered based on Board policy priority and seat availability once a student qualifies.
** The American School of Doha reserves the right to contact schools previously attended in order to validate records provided and/or inquire about the student(s) in question.
The Office of Admisisons
The American School of Doha
P.O. Box 22090
The American School of Doha
Al Bustan Street/ E Ring Road,
Al Waab/ Al Soudan District
**Please note that sending via post can take several weeks.