COMMITTED TO PROMOTING PROFESSIONAL LEARNING TO IMPROVE STUDENT LEARNING
The American School of Doha is committed to the on-going professional learning of all faculty members. The outcome of a comprehensive professional learning program serves to further enhance the professionalism and skills of faculty members and results in both improved levels of student learning and enhanced teaching practice. Professional Learning at ASD is understood as a shared responsibility.
The professional learning program within The American School of Doha provides faculty with the opportunity to:
- Further develop the skills necessary to more effectively carry out the mission of the school
- Further develop the body of knowledge and level of skills necessary to enable the school to successfully become a school of excellence where students achieve their maximum potential in a culture of continuous improvement.
To these ends, the professional learning program within The American School of Doha is focused on expanding the repertoire of skills of staff members by:
- Meeting the professional needs of the collective staff enabling each faculty member to move forward within the ASD school improvement plan.
- NESA Fall Leadership Conference, October 18-21, 2012, Dubai
- NESA Fall Training Institute, November 2-3, 2012, Dubai
- NESA Winter Training Instititute, January 25-26, 2013, Doha
- NESA Spring Educators Conference, April 5-8, 2013, Bangkok
See NESA website for Details: www.nesacenter.org
- Mini NESA with Qatar Academy
- Qatar Reads
Various other opportunities
Professional Learning Guidelines 2012-2013