School Infrastructure Supporting Learning
Learning at ASD depends on systems that create a dynamic school community and systems that support students, faculty, and parents in creating a safe, and comfortable environment. These support systems take many forms, including the following:
- Admissions works closely with families as they consider enrolling at ASD. Our thorough admissions process allows ASD to create a learning community aligned with the school’s mission, and to place students in courses that will allow them to reach their learning goals.
- Cafeteria services are available for all students from Kindergarten through 12th Grade, with options that include healthy lunches, the Coffee Beanery and Juzz; a juice bar offering all-natural juices and smoothies.
- Transportation services are available from our third party provider, TriLogistics, offering transportation before and after school, as well as buses serving students involved in after school activities and in-school field trips.
- Finance Office aims to safeguard school resources and enhance customer service to our parents, students, and corporate partners. Tuition payments are charged twice yearly, and tuition and other fees can be paid by check, bank transfer or credit card.
- Our Development Office ensures that ASD is being supported at all times. If your student is having a positive experience, we encourage you to support the school. We have different sections for giving, and any one of our staff would be eager to speak with you.
- Our Human Resources and Purchasing Departments focus relentlessly on recruiting, supporting, and retaining the best possible teachers from around the world and ensuring that they have the materials they need to be effective.
- Our Security office retains a full guard force who staff our guard posts 24 hours a day and consistently work to mitigate security risks and ensure the safety of our community.
- Our Facilities Office, managed by our third party partner How United Services, aims to maintain and continuously improve ASD’s first class facilities. On-going construction projects at ASD will provide enhanced and expanded facilities, such as two new gyms, a new elementary school library and classrooms in the middle and high schools.
If you have an urgent query, please call our main number at 4459-1500. Otherwise, please direct your questions and suggestions to the following people:
- Deputy Director of Finance and Operations James Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Admissions Scott Barnwell, Admissions Director (email@example.com)
- Development Isabela Hollingshead, Development and External Relations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facilities How United Help Desk (email@example.com),
Khaled Mansour, Facilities Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Finance Office Nelly Haddad, Senior Accountant (email@example.com)
- Food Service Richard Thexton, Security and Operations Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Human Resources Robin Young, Human Resources Director (email@example.com)
- Purchasing Sheryl Ng, Purchasing Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Security Richard Thexton, Security and Operations Director (email@example.com)
- Transportation Richard Thexton, Security and Operations Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)