We thank you for your interest in the American School of Doha. We are proud of our school and what our educational program offers to students. Every overseas international school is unique and ours is no exception.
Our search for qualified teachers is done during the recruitment season (October – February) through the vacancies posted on our recruitment site, but applicants can register for “Job Alerts” which provides information about posted positions throughout the year.
Preference is given to those with advanced degrees, at least two years of experience in an accredited elementary or secondary school, and experience (and certification) in teaching the specific subject area for which they are applying.
All applicants must complete the online application process.
In assessing teacher qualifications for potential employment at our school, the following criteria are considered:
- All candidates must have an undergraduate degree. Transcripts are reviewed for breadth and depth of courses taken, as well as scholarships. Teaching certification is required. Additionally, the following educational background is required:
- Elementary School - A teaching degree with a breadth of knowledge across all subject areas, and either early childhood or elementary education certification
- Middle School - Dual majors in two middle school subject areas or a major with a strong minor
- High School - A major with breadth and depth in the subject to be taught. A postgraduate degree in subject area preferred. Training in a second discipline will be highly regarded
- Personal interviews are generally conducted at international recruitment fair locations by leadership team members in January and February. In addition, onsite and skype interviews are on going.